As a makeup artist, I have a lot of makeup and when I'm not working with a client I like to carry a condensed version of my makeup kit. What I mean by condensed is not each of my favourite eyeshadow palettes, foundations, and concealers! If I have to travel light my survival kit would have to include:
1. Hydrating face mist. There's nothing more refreshing than a moisturizing face spritz to sooth and relieve dry or dull looking skin. The beauty of a face mist is that unlike crème moisturizers, you don't have to worry about blending it over your existing makeup and having an oily afterglow.
2. Lip balm. If you're like me, this item will save your life. Try to get a lip balm with an SPF as this will help protect your lips from harmful UV rays.
3. Face paper. These oil absorbing sheets are quite useful if you tend to get an oily T-Zone. They also don't mess up your makeup when blotting over your face.
4. Pressed powder. When I am travelling, I almost never have time to reapply all my makeup. Invest in a high quality foundation that will last throughout the day and you can just touch up with some pressed powder.
5. Mascara and eyelash curler. Even on days when I don't wear makeup, I feel that wearing mascara over curled eyelashes makes a heck of a difference. It miraculously enlarges the eyes and instantly gives you an eye lift.
6. Eyeliner. Asides from mascara, eyeliner is my next go to eye makeup product. For a more natural look apply eyeliner close to the lash line and avoid lining your bottom waterline for larger looking eyes.
7. Eyeshadow pods. Rather than carrying an eyeshadow palette consider only bringing a few different shades. This will take up far less room in your bag.
8. Lip liner and lip gloss. Lip liner is a must and when applied under lip gloss helps to prolong your lip wear. I always keep a nude shade in my bag as it pairs well with any lip gloss.